Doctoral Researcher (f/m/d) Project A12 “Dynamics of the Gross-Pitaevskii equation”Category
Scientists / Engineers (master´s degree) (m/f/d)Job description
The CRC has been funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) since 2015. Its goal is to analytically understand, numerically simulate, and eventually manipulate wave propagation under realistic scenarios by intertwining analysis and numerics.
The Project A12 “Dynamics of the Gross-Pitaevskii equation” (www.waves.kit.edu/A12) aims at the study of the dynamics of the (one-dimensional) Gross-Pitaevskii equation, including the stability issues for the soliton solutions, the long time dynamics under long-wave weak perturbation, as well as the separation of the internal and interaction dynamics. The Gross-Pitaevskii equation can be viewed as the defocusing cubic nonlinear Schroedinger equation but assuming nonzero boundary condition at infinity. It is completely integrable by means of inverse scattering method.
We provide an inspiring, attractive, interdisciplinary, and internationally recognized scientific environment with access to excellent facilities of the KIT, a wide scope of advanced training options within our integrated research training group, and flexible working time models. Our CRC aims at the implementation of equal opportunities, it promotes diversity and supports persons with childcare or eldercare responsibilities as well as persons with disabilities. Funds for travel and guests are available through the CRC.Personal qualification
The following qualifications are required:
- Excellent Master or an equivalent degree in Mathematics
- Strong theoretical background in the analysis of partial differential equations
- We expect excellent writing and oral communication skills in English along with the ability to work independently within an international team.
- Applications should include a cover letter, a curriculum vitae,
- a statement of research interest, contact information for two referees, and copies of degree certificate(s).
Salary category 13, depending on the fulfillment of professional and personal requirements.
More details Apply